Whether you're an aspiring author or a well-published author, here are 5 reasons to enter writing contests.
1. Focus. All writing contests have specific guidelines and a deadline. When you decide to enter a contest, you'll be focused on a specific writing goal with guidelines to follow and a deadline to meet.
2. Prizes. All writing contests have prizes. These prizes often include cash, publication, or other items of special interest to writers. You can go from "unpublished" to "published" writer automatically if you win a contest that includes publication as one of its prizes. And, you can earn significant income if you enter and win contests on a regular basis. Plus, you just have fun winning prizes like e-readers, iPads, or computer software.
3. Credibility. When you win a contest you are no longer just a writer or author, you're now an "award-winning writer" or an "award-winning author." This goes a long way in building or increasing your credibility as a writer.
4. Visibility. When publication is one of the prizes for winning a particular contest, more people will start to read your work.
5. Practice. When you write for contests you usually have time to write and revise your story, essay, or article several times before the contest deadline. By writing and rewriting, so you make your entry the best it can be, you'll gain valuable writing practice.
These are only a few of the many reasons to start entering writing contests on a regular basis.
Now...get ready to enter our new Sweet Summer Love Short Story Contest.
Tune in Fridays at 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern to Creative Caravan Road Show at www.creativecaravanroadshow.com where we talk with writers, about writing, and other creative ideas.
Creative Caravan Club